Jan 30, 2009
A Brief History…Homeopathy has been called “the original alternative medicine,” yet it is neither an herbal medicine nor a dietary regimen. This form of medicine was discovered over two hundred years ago by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, a chemist and personal physician to the German royal family. Disillusioned with the medical practices of his time, Hahnemann stumbled across written studies that demonstrated the principles of the law of similars. He found through this principle a gentle means of stimulating the body’s innate healing ability, and coined the term “Homeopathy” from the Latin words: homoion (similar) and pathein (disease, suffering). “Let like be cured with like,” was Hahnemann’s philosophy.
How Does Homeopathy Work?
Homeopathy works based upon the law of similars: like cures like. A homeopathic remedy is simply a dilution of one or several plant, mineral or animal substances. These substances are diluted until either none or very little of the original substance remains. It is important to note that in homeopathy the signal rather than the substance is considered to have the healing effect. Remarkably, the weakest dilutions are considered to be the most potent, as they are designed to work at a deep cellular level.
The application of homeopathic principle is similar in some ways to vaccination, although it is a very different process. When ingested, the homeopathic remedy signals the body to elicit its natural immune response, leading towards internal balance and the restoration of health. For example, poison ivy creates rashes and itching, but when elements of poison ivy are prepared and administered as a homeopathic remedy, they can help the body overcome the same symptoms – like cures like.
How Will I Benefit from Using Homeopathy?
There are numerous benefits of utilizing homeopathy as part of an overall healing strategy:
- It is gentle and effective
- It is backed by over two hundred years of sound research and application
- When utilized properly, it can assist the body in resolving ailments at the causative level
- It complements the innate healing wisdom of the body
- The remedies are easy to use
Is Homeopathy Right for Me?
Every person’s health and healing process is unique, so it is important that you consult with your practitioner about the best combinations of remedies for you. The following is a list of some different types of Energetix homeopathics that your practitioner may recommend:
- Nosode Detoxifiers: Encourage the release of toxins from deep within the cells
- Drainage and Tonification Remedies: Drain and tone the organs, glands and tissues
- Sarcodes: Supply the body with a blueprint of healthy tissue from which to rebuild
- Flower Essences: Based on the research of Dr. Edward Bach, these remedies promote emotional stability, balance and renewal
To learn more or to find a practitioner near you call 1-800-990-7085.